Ingredients - Marinade
2 Tbsp Olive Oil
2Tbsp Soy sauce
2Tbsp Exotic Middle Eastern Spice
-For frying up steak
1 Tbsp Grapeseed oil
2 Medium sized potatoes, peeled and cut into cubes
2 Tbsp. Butter
¼ cup Milk
1Tbsp Hot Mustard
2 tsp Tuscan Mediterranean Herb Mix
2 Tbsp Butter
1 x medium sized onion sliced finely
10-12 x sliced mushrooms
125ml fresh cream
2 tsp Ancient Egyptian Dukkah
1.Combine all ingredients and marinade for at least one hour.
(I marinated mine in the morning and it was perfect by dinner time)
1. On medium high add butter and oil and allow to heat up
2. Lay the marinated steak down in the pan and cook for 4-5 minutes on both sides. Scooping the sauce in the pan and smothering the top of the steak with those delicious flavours from the marinade.
3. Remove from pan and allow to rest for 10 minutes before cutting into medallions
1. Boil potatoes until tender and drain excess water off.
2. Add butter, Milk, Mustard, Tuscan Mediterranean Herbs Mix, salt & pepper.
3. Mix all together with a hand whisk until it is a smooth texture.
Mushroom Sauce Method
1. In a medium temperature pan. I used the same pan I did the steak in, as this brings in the flavours of the meat, marrying the meat and sauce together. Add the butter and onions.
2. Add Dukkah and stir together
3. Once onions have browned add in the mushrooms and fry until brown and tender.
4. Add in the cream, salt & pepper and let simmer for 5 minutes
Plate the potato mash, then the medallions of meat.
In a separate bowl on the plate add the mushroom sauce.
Any side veg of your choice to accompany your steak & mash.