300g lamb, beef,chicken or ostrich mince
1 onion finely chopped
2 Tbsp Mystical Moroccan spice
1 tsp ginger garlic paste
1-2 tsp Saville Red Chilli paste (optional)
1 tsp turmeric powder
1 Tbsp lemon juice
Small bunch of chopped fresh parsley
2 cloves, 2 cinnamon sticks, 2 cardamoms (from Saville meat tempering spice)- optional
· Add mince of your choice (lamb, chicken, beef, ostrich) in a bowl.
· Add all of the ingredients except the tempering spices (cinnamon, cloves and cardamom) in the bowl and mix together.
· Divide into +-12 balls.
· Add 2 TBSP of cooking oil in a non-stick frying pan on medium heat.
· Add your tempering spices (cinnamon, cloves and cardamom) into the pan.
· Allow to sizzle for 3-4 minutes
· Add your koftas into pan.
· Cook for 15 minutes on medium heat turning often until cooked through
· Sprinkle with fresh chopped coriander
serve with savoury rice, dollops of tzitziki, garlic bread or naan bread.